We hope you enjoy your visit and avail yourself of whatever is helpful to you. Please don’t hesitate to connect with us.
This is NEVER just a broad criticism of Christian churches but an insatiable desire to get beyond believing that what we each do in the name of ‘OUR’ church is the most important thing (it just isn’t).
It is a wonderful and gracious truth that God’s desire is for you and I to experience the joy of being involved with Him in life, faith and mission. But let’s never forget that the Holy Spirit was working already before we showed up and will still be working hard after we knock off. So, our best option is to get on board with what God is doing. The great revivalist Jonathan Edwards once said,
• If the primary purpose of our existence is to work with any persons who will show up to action a genuinely credible strategic plan that will see the great commission task completed within a single generation (Matthew 24:14; 28:18-20)
Then, in order to achieve this primary purpose, we will need to daily discover and ‘catch’ some things that we can clearly see in and through the life and extended ministry of Jesus, making them priorities that we can work on together, so …
• Our primary motive should be the holy love of Jesus, his indiscriminate, outrageous and redemptive (rescuing) love for ALL people (John 3:16)
• Our primary community or operational base should be to build relationships with each other that are defined and modeled by the complete oneness that is expressed in and through the relationship between God the Father and Jesus the Son. (John 17:21-23)
• Our primary method of operation should be to equip believers to both DO the work of the ministry and EQUIP more believers to do more of the work of the ministry, as such attaining the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. (Ephesians 4)
Those who are utilizing this Heartland conduit are starting to understand that if we keep the Primary Purpose as our main business and engage and enact the Primary Motive, the Primary Community Development process and the Primary Method of Operation equally as our daily priorities, then three things are likely to happen by the grace of God.
Secondly, we will be able to commit to this as a way of life wherever we are located and whatever connection or ‘brand’ of church we run with and…
Thirdly, we just might see God’s kingdom come and his will being done on earth AS it is in heaven. And to borrow a phrase from an old hymn of the faith, “that will be glory indeed”.
- Church planting with intentional planting experiments right where people are
- Community and neighbourhood development
- Training emerging transformational leadership
- ,entoring, coaching, referral, accountability and oversight
- Networking and developing kingdom breakthrough relationships
- Consulting: equipping, empowering and troubleshooting
- Supervising community transforming ministries
- Producing, publishing and distributing music and written teaching materials
- Web Journaling
- Mission teams and mission support locally and overseas
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together … (Ephesians 2:19-21a)
He gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the son of God … (Ephesians 4: 11-13a)
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer ….. praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. (Acts 2: 42 – 47).